What Happened With Xenia?

gregghia

Everything fine last night... woke up this morning and one head of Xenia just looked terrible. Looked at first like there was a coating of slime on it... when I went to blow it off with a baster it just dissolved or "melted" and now gone...

gregghia

I hear ya... I am just too busy at work to be surfing today and its freaking me out so was hoping someone could pinpoint the problem then I can find the remedy...
Also its spreading now to other pieces of xenia on the rock. I don't care so much for the Xenia I just don't know if its something isolated specific to Xenia or if its going to hit other corals.

jerryatrick

Didn't mean for that to come off as you being lazy. The problem with xenia is that nobody really knows why it dies off one week and the next week it is growing crazy. Some people use it as an indicator that something is wrong or missing in their water. I have heard people say that their Xenia only does well when their water isn't as clean. No matter what people suggest I don't think you will ever no for certain why your Xenia is in this funk.