What has happened to this board?

shels

Going to Rocky Point, Mexico in the middle of June. It is the best way to start off the summer.:D
Shel

N

nau2002

Headed up to play in the tornadoes this week, I'll be spending Memorial Day Weekend down in Rocky Point. Talk about cheap Coronas!

fshhub

Originally posted by NaCL-Man
lol. I used to work as a tech in a comp store... this time of year we had at least 10-15 systems come in almost every day (yes every day... high volume store) with busted modems and burnt system boards.... of course every one uses a surge protector and turns their systems off in a thunderstorm :rolleyes: yeah right!! it may be the one industry where the customer is almost never right!
mnnnn... beer.
akkkkkkk!!! finals!!! i knew i forgot about something!! :D
Cheers!

last summer we averaged over 100 modems a month, not all of them were only modems either.
as for the surge protectors, they do not always prevent damage AND most people who dont know any better dont use one with modem suppression, and half of the ones who do, dont either, because they normally slow down the connection anyway. Gotta love summer for those sales though. I need to see more fo them, bc I too have to eat. At least my techs get paid for being here too.:(

shels

It is great, all mixed drinksare 1 to 2 dollars, shots are a buck. The food is also cheap. It is a blast!!!

N

nau2002

Supposedly the reef down there is pretty nice too, have you ever gone scuba diving or snorkeling down there Shels?
It is always nice to be able to buy a 1.75 of Cuervo for under $10USD!

shels

NAU2002, no I have never gone scuba in Rocky Point. We go down once or twice with the same group of people and stay in condo on the beach. We bring down our qwads and drink and ride and dance. By sunday morning when everyone is packing up, no one says anything to anyone. Everyone is dragging so bad it is so funny.
Shels

N

nau2002

Yes, I wish we had our own qwads, but we usually rent them. I love stumbling out of my door at about 9AM and having the beach right there, you just go lay there and the vendors bring you burritos for breakfast!

buzz

Well, the time I spend on the board is usually during the "work" day, so that is pretty constant any time of the year.

E

elan

Originally posted by Buzz
Well, the time I spend on the board is usually during the "work" day, so that is pretty constant any time of the year.

i second that!!!

chef jaysen

I was curious about the volume of posts decreasing as well. Its always hot here in florida and I am always on. I check this site numerous times daily. Maybe I am just a die hard nut!?! I so addicited that I have bought a house to be built around my fish tank. Somebody shoot me........LOL...........cheers:D

jarvis

Originally posted by Armageddon
thats what i'm talking about cheap coronas

Ever wonder why people always add the lime.............I was always figured that it killed the taste of rat piss.:p

timo

First thing in the morning, and thruout the eve/nite...No matter what time of year, Florida can make you want to be indoors (and stay on the board, I see). Especially when one works outdoors!
Shels...Nice Sig...simple wisdom for us all!!!:cool:

gksipps

To answer the original question, I am new to the hobby, and after feeling like a fool for asking what seem to be naive questions time after time, I have started searching first before posting - I suppose just to seem a teensy bit less like a complete nitwit. (Not to mention we dove right in to the hobby without researching it like a graduate school thesis - I still have a zillion questions though.)
Even in the summer though, the sun goes down SOMETIME, at which point you come in and play wih the fish.