what in-sump skimmer?

gregzbobo

I'm kind of thinking of getting a new skimmer for my 65. I need one that is in-sump, reliable, efficient, and that doesn't cost half a month salary like some other skimmers I've seen. Any recommendations? thanks.

gregzbobo

I don't want a piece of junk, but I also don't want to pay 300+ for a skimmer thats going on a 65 gallon tank either. That and I have fairly limited space in the sump, it being in the cabinet my tank sits on. The one you mention seems almost perfect though. Does anyone else have other suggestions?

wamp

Well, the one mentioned is a very good skimmer..
Other than those models, I like the Red Sea Berlins. The classic or the turbo. Both are good skimmers and easy to maintain and setup..

gregzbobo

I was thinking a berlin turbo or perhaps a turboflotor, or the Kent unit that recently came out. Is a turboflotor or the kent any good? I know the turboflotor comes with a dreaded rio pump, but I can get an equivalent mag pump online once the rio takes a dump. I'm looking to spend under 250-275 total once I get around to actually buying the skimmer. Got a modified seaclone now, it actually works fairly well, but I think its just time to get something better. You know what they say, upgrade and you'll wonder what you were thinking with the old POS you had. lol Thanks folks, I appreciate all your help so far and what is to come.