what is a easy another easy coral????

mgh

I started out with a bunch of red frilly mushrooms that i got for six bucks. they love the pc lights that i got around 6 months ago. I then got a green star and then a pink or white star. they are both doing great, "spreading like crazy." I recently purchased a clove coral, because i was told they will grow like the star polyps. I guess my question is what is a coral that you have found easy to grow.

murph145

well id say GSP grow like weeds adventually ur guna wish u never had them....
lots of people say xenia do great ive never kept any so i dont know....
yellow polyps grow like weeds in my tank i try to give them away and lots of different zoo's grow fast....
i have a colt coral thats grown about 20X's its original size and ive fragged off huge chunks and gave them away
i had a toadstoll go from 3" to 12" in diameter in under 6 months
my devil fingers leather has grown about 10x's its size in a year....
id say mainly softies grow realy fast they seem to like a more nutrient rich tank and mid level lighting.... they now dont grow as fast in my new tank with MH lighting and an oversized skimmer

namas05

If you want a cool looking fast growing softy, try a kenya tree. You can get a tiny little frag and in 3-4 weeks it is a big coral.
I love to watch mine grow. Almost seems to grow right before your eyes.
They do very well under PC lighting.
Colts will also do very well under PC, as well as most leathers.

jmick

The Xenia I have in my tank grows like a weed and it’s actually a nuisance at times. I have also luck with Zoas and Colt coral both have grown rather well. I have gasp’s but they have not seemed to spread at all and I’ve had it for over a year (recently moved to a higher flow area, hope that helps) and I’ve had good growth with my Pocillopora. Have these corals in my 55long under 440watts of vho.