what is classified over skimming?

drex

can it be done? i have a very nice skimmer posted up for sale but no one seems to want it on here so i might just hook it up to my tank it is an aqua c ev 1000 to put on my 90. is this to much?its rated up to 400-450 gallons i believe.

U

usirchchris

Originally Posted by drex
http:///forum/post/2690682
can it be done? i have a very nice skimmer posted up for sale but no one seems to want it on here so i might just hook it up to my tank it is an aqua c ev 1000 to put on my 90. is this to much?its rated up to 400-450 gallons i believe.
Don't think it is possible to overskim. You always want to go double your tank volume IMO anyway. Meaning if you have a 90 gallon you want a skimmer that says it can do at least 180 gallons. Think you are good to go

drex

thats what i thought but i had a local kid who wants to trade me skimmers for an aqua c 1/3 the size saying it wont foam at all and what not cuz i dont have enough load on it i guess>? ive never had a nice skimmer all ive had is a prizm and now i want to hook this up..i just went from power compacts to 400 w MH's a few weeks ago and now i want a great skimmer :) thanks!