What is comming up????

timt6379

i have had my tank going for 3 weeks and i am starting 2 investigate what kind of clean up crew i should get.
i want a brittle star i have a 55 gal tank and around 45lbs of LR
I was wondering how big they start out and if they grow,and if they grow how big will they get.
what else shoud i get < i was wanting some snails, a couple emerald crabs, and some hermits, is this a good clean up crew? any suggestions????

a brittle star will get about 10-12" from what i have read. just keep it feed and you should be ok. the same can be said for emarald crabs, they can get about 3" and can eat your fish if hungry. if you just pick some of what you mentioned and not over do it you will be fine. oh yeah, you can find brittle stars in any size just depends what the place has when you buy it.

timt6379

Originally Posted by floatingfish
a brittle star will get about 10-12" from what i have read. just keep it feed and you should be ok. the same can be said for emarald crabs, they can get about 3" and can eat your fish if hungry. if you just pick some of what you mentioned and not over do it you will be fine. oh yeah, you can find brittle stars in any size just depends what the place has when you buy it.

feed them?? i thought that they were alge eaters, if not what do they eat