What is in my zoos??

K

kravjitsu

Hi,
I got some zoos about a week ago and only about half of them open. I see 3 weird things in the colony. here's a big one on top, that sort of closes around itself up and looks like a dead urchin at night, then during the day it uncurls and opens with tentacles like an aptasia but I don't think it is. The other 2 are smaller and have the same tentacles but do not curl up into an urchin looking thing. Are they bothering/killing my pretty blue zoos??
Here's a few pics, top view, side, and multiple view. Help please!!!!

ibanez

Looks like aptasia and majano anemone. My guess is yes, they are bothering the zoas, and who the heck sent you that, they could have at least tried getting rid of them first.

K

kravjitsu

The ones on the sides are probably the aptasia and the weird one in the middle is the mojano? Joe's Juice them both?

K

kravjitsu

I've got some Revive too, I would dip them but I have 2 tube worms living in there too that I don't want to kill.

bill109

imo,
cut them up, dip them and make large frags. if you do a FW dip it will kill eveyrhting on the rock but the zoas. dip in room temp non salted water for a couple of minutes. give them a good shake in the water and done.

smoothie

Do you have a QT tank you can put them in? If so I say aiptasia x or boiling water in a syringe and put them in QT with a few peppermint shrimp.

J

jstdv8

we have a local store here that sells his peppermints as aiptasia killers and to show you how it works he drops an aiptasia rock into the tank that holds the peppermints and you can watch them go to work.
Maybe your LFS would let you drop that colony in there and within a few minutes problem solved.
Te reason i say this is if you buy pepps, they may find something else they like to eat better in yuor tank, but in a bare bottom fish tank with 30 other competitors a couple aiptasia don't last long at all :)

K

kravjitsu

I got impatient and Joe's Juiced 'em. I am not sure that was a good idea... I have not seen more than a few zoos open since then
I hope they are just a little ticked but ok and will open soon. They're a very pretty mix of Tubs Blue or something, and some pink skirted ones.
Regarding the pepps, I had 2 when I first started the tank but they died. Its only a 20 and I already have a fire and a pistol so I dont know if I could even have anymore shrimps.
I guess I'll just have to see how it goes. I hope they're not damaged.