What is it? Mermaid?

V

vicegrip

It's a challenge to keep. But rare ,hardy and a joy to watch.

lion_crazz

Yeesh, looks like that creature needs a larger aquarium! Better call the mermaid police! :scared:
Just kidding, awesome pics!!

ruaround

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
Yeesh, looks like that creature needs a larger aquarium! Better call the mermaid police!
:scared:
Just kidding, awesome pics!!
:hilarious
great pix!!! too funny!!!

mproctor4

Too cute! I showed the picture to my kids and told them it was "rare and special". They believed it at first--how funny. Now my daughter wants in the tank--great!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Expensive, high-maintenance, and should only be kept by highly advanced hobbyists.
But well worth having, in the end.

30-xtra high

oh!, i think i have some info on those!
good tankmates?- brother/sister, and pets
what to feed?- anything dripping in grease, or covered in sugar
safe with inverts?- yes, but monitor with crabs, they tend to get pinched.
reef safe?- yes, but may topple over unsecure corals, they tend to be clumsy
minimum tank size?- 100sq. feet
lifespan?- average is about 74 yrs. old
able to be bread in captivity?- oh yea
recomended?- not at all, they tend to be costly, and pestering.

reckler

How did you manage to find one of those? Can you trade them too? What is shipping cost?
very cute!!!!! :cheer:

cannonman

I have one like that- wouldn't trade it in at the LFS for noth'n! Great pic Vicegrips- did you get the sump for that tank yet??? I expect you to order one today after you get the mail... hehehehe

mrdc

If she is anything like my mermaid, feed her hot dogs and mac and cheese and she will be very happy! Just don't overfeed or you will pollute your water!

V

vicegrip

Originally Posted by mrdc
If she is anything like my mermaid, feed her hot dogs and mac and cheese and she will be very happy! Just don't overfeed or you will pollute your water!
You are right on about the food and feeding. Also eats salads with extra ranch dressing.