What is on my glass?

Ok so i have these organisms growing all over my tank sides. The also look like little tiny white brittle stars or like little baby curly cue anemone. ( i know weird descriptions). Any idea what they could be?

alix2.0

uhm well from your description they could be spirobid worms, aiptasia, hydroids, micro brittles, or asterina stars. or something else. can you get a pic? or are they too small?

alix2.0

a pic would be good.
are they hard and calcerous? or soft like jelly? do they move on the glass, or do they stay in one place? are they spirals? does anything come out of / retract into them? or are they all one piece?

spanko

Hydroid medusa. Not to worry they will disappear in time. Most people see them in newer setups.

hmm. cool. i have no idea what florida joe just said but ok. it was weird one day copepods covering the glas them no more copepods and seems like the next day hydroid colony.

ok new thing i just noticed. i wanna say baby snails but i dunno. (the big snail isnt in my tank. just a picture i found with the little thing i'm talking about)

socal57che

Originally Posted by HollywoodDiver
http:///forum/post/2877897
ok new thing i just noticed. i wanna say baby snails but i dunno. (the big snail isnt in my tank. just a picture i found with the little thing i'm talking about)
So you are not talking about the sundial snail in this pic, right?

spanko

The large one in the middle looks like Colonista hitch hiker to me.
Can't see the one to the left well enough to identify.

i did some reading after i posted the snail bit. pretty sure they are baby nerite snails. they look like sesame seeds in the planktonic larval stage.