what is on my zebra eel?

J

johnyquest

My zebra eel has a red growth just above its eye and I have no idea what it is. It's about 1/4" around and sticks out off his body about a 1/16". LFS said to medicate tank with Rally, I don't know what to do. Any idea's?

J

johnyquest

I will try, he stays in the rocks most of the time.

tennisace

I had the same thing happen with mine! He died soon afterward, sry to say. I asked people, but no one seemed to know the answer, or what to do about it. It might be irritation from high nitrates or something.

J

johnyquest

Hi Tennis, do you remeber what your nitrate levels were when you lost your Zebra?

unleashed

post your email johny or send one to me ^^^^^^^^^^^ i may have something of help for you but i cant post it here

jhov2324

My yellow tang had something similar, it popped and the tang got better, he lost a bone but is doing better than ever.

J

johnyquest

Well it has been a few weeks and I think I figured out my problem with my Zebra Eel. When I got my master test kit, it was missing a very important test, NITRATES! I bought a test kit for nitrates and what do ya know, off the chart. Mixed up a 40% batch of fresh saltwater with my new ro/di system, waited 3 days and did a 25% change and I am glad to report that the thing on my eel is gone and living organisms are thriving on my live rock again. I am trying to get them as low as possible, at 10-15 right now. Unleashed, I would like to say THANK YOU again for your help.