what is the current (PC accepted) rule on posting links on this BB?

keitho

the last time i posted a link, the LINK NAZIS zapped it from existance. since then, i have seen several, apparently unedited, links to alternative sites........hmmm....... has the policy changed and i am unaware of it? i thought it was a STUPID policy anyway...afterall, i have bought several hundreds of dollars worth of merchandise from SWF.com, and it seemed ludicrous that i would be sensored for even mentioning another site. if SWF.com was more interested in LOSING business than gaining it, their conduct was exactly what i would have expected from such a company. set me straight before i inadvertently feed myself to the so-called "sharks" again........

fshhub

the policy has recently changed, you may post links ot other vendors now, but (not all) MANY of us do support this board, and it's sponsors for providing us this grat site, it is a great service, and we intend to keep it that way, i personally(ansd others) will not advertise for others here(the only consideration i will make is if something is NEEDED to save a system and cannot be found here, but taht would be a rare instance i am sure), out of courtesy and thanks, we respect that swf is a business, and although we do shop, we agree that they are providing this for us at NO CHARGE and deserve at the very least our thanks and understanding
but, YES post if you MUST, it is your right and it IS permitted

kris walker

It seems to me that not all the sharks are under the impression that the link posting is now legal. I wonder how much communication there is between them all. It would be really nice to see a united message from them all at the same time saying that we are allowed to post links.
I also follow fshhub's philosophy, although I haven't purchased anything at SWF.com yet.
sam