What is the mysterious problem with my Nano???

dnraiders

Hi
so ive had my 24Gl NanoCube for about 1yr 8 months now.and about 2 months ago all my corals closed up and some dieda month later( did a water change instanly), and the survivors never opened. I have a 20" 108 watt Nova Extreme Pro...i tested it and all my parameters were at 0 and pH was at 8.4. Then i had a friend test it for alk, calcium and others and he said they were just fine. i got a few frags of zoas and they never opened. i also got a galaxia which did open but could be better. my leather opens just fine. kenyas and xenia is all different. some open some times. i also got a hammer that did not open in my tank. One noticiable( very noticable) is that i have wayyyyy too much hair and bryopsis algea, but its not growing on any corals.
for example, i got a purple hornet two days ago, did not open in my tank, and i had a friend hold it for me in their tank it it opended the next day... so what could be my problem?????
thanks for your help
-Dave

worrballer

How often do you do water changes and tank maintenance?
Such as change carbon or other chemical filters, clean sponges if any.
Was there anything you added or something out of the ordinary two months ago that might have caused the decline?

zoie2

The same thing happened to me. I had my tank over a year and things slowly started happening. But then all at once I lost a bunch of coral.
I hadn't added or changed anything. My husband told me to check everything so while I was checking my pump I found something in the pump chamber. It was a propellar thing. I posted it here and asked what it was. I guess it was the fan from my chiller and must have fallen out when I changed my lights at my yearly maintenance.
Someone asked my how my corals were doing. I told him not good and some had died. He said the copper in the wire of the fan poisined my water.

Go figure! I would check everyhing.