What is this called?

jerryatrick

I think that just might be an acan. What kind? I think it is called expensive. You might just have to trade your tank and all the equipment in just to pick that bad boy up.

petjunkie

Lordhowensis, looks like a typical overpriced one judging by how retracted the polyps are, must be a sold by the polyp one. I hate the ones that don't show the colony and something by it to judge color.

jerryatrick

Originally Posted by petjunkie
http:///forum/post/2940482
Lordhowensis, looks like a typical overpriced one judging by how retracted the polyps are, must be a sold by the polyp one. I hate the ones that don't show the colony and something by it to judge color.
IME acans usually show their true colors better when they are retracted. There is always that hidden color when they are fully open. With that said you will more often than not see acans fully open.

petjunkie

Yes they will but I would prefer to see what they will look like in my tank happy and puffed up, mine never look that pissed off. For instance these look a lot more orange and also have green if I poked and prodded the crap out of them but is that realistic to sell them like that? OP this is what acan lords will look like when they are happy.

petjunkie

Enchinatas don't have separate polyps like that, don't have a good pic of mine to compare though.

K

k1sully

it is a acan lord. ive seen that color just called rainbow and it was expensive but not as much as "sunset" or "happy endings"