what is this garlic stuff?

fishy88

what is this garlic stuff i have been hearing about? they said you soak you food in it. is it really that good? where do i get it?
thanks

barracuda

Garlic serves as a food attractant and also positively affects fish immune system. Soaking food with garlic juice may help to bit the ick out of fish.

barracuda

well, i use Kent Marine's product "Garlic Xtreme". Some will say it's a waste of money, do your own. I suggest you to use search feature of the board and find a lot of info on garlic.

keltic

I recently started making my own juice to soak food in trying to get a couple of unusually picky clowns to eat. Works like a charm. My damsel loves it too. Plus my coral banded actually comes out to eat any pellets not caught by the fish. I just took a bulb of garlic minced it added a couple pints of water and let it set for a couple days in the fridge. Strain it and add a couple drops to whatever food you use. Perfect.

the only thing garlic ever did for my fish was make them fight over the food. one time i put a drop of garlic in their water and they started biting the water.

clarkiiboi

Like said above, its used as a stimulant for finiky eaters as well as a preventative measure for ich. It seems to boost the immune system. I wouldn't use just any juice, IMO. From what I read here: any of the products sold at the LFS, garlic at the grocery store (crush and add) and a product at GNC called kyolic (sp) has been used. I crush my own, its cheaper. HTH

xs0dap0px

i use a product called garlic elixer by eco systems .....and i use it to feed my snowflake eel he seems to like it alot

tahoe ocean

I'm Italian, and I have to try this! I already put garlic into every single dish I make for my kids, may as well feed it to the fish too! I guess my tomato clown will really deserve the name scetti if he likes it!
Love the info you guys all give! Keep up the good work.:D