What Is This In My Tank?!!!

todj2002

Ok - I Cant Find My Mem. Card For Cam So I Will Try To Explain. I Have What Looks To Be A Pink Slug Or Snail(no Shell) Crawling Around On My Live Rock. Tank Has Been Up For About Year And Half. I Know Without Pic U Probably Have No Idea But Any Guess Would Be Cool. Its Like Pink And White. I Saw It The Other Day And Wondered What It Was But It Was Not Moving. When I Fed Tonight I Saw It Moving Snail Pace. Any Idea?

todj2002

O Yeah I Forgot It Is About Half An Inch Long. Hitch Hiker I Guess? I Wish I Could Find My Card For Cam. Been Having Good Luck With Tank Finally. Anemone Is Hosting Clown For First Time Ever. I Do Have Some Pics Of That. Let Me See If I Can Find Them.

multi-task

I do not know what it is in your tank, but I need to know why you capitalize the first letter of each word.

chriscolumbus

I have something like that.. I saw it on one of my rocks in the dark.. It came out and I noticed it wasnt a snail but had a foot like a snail and no shell but a rounded top.. it was ugly.. it "spit" 3 times then went back into the dark.. are they dangerous to my fish??

mckaax

Originally Posted by multi-task
I do not know what it is in your tank, but I need to know why you capitalize the first letter of each word.
I was thinking the Same Thing. It Is So Weird To See Something Like That.

05xrunner

so it has NO shell at all..or just a very small shell on its back..might be hard to notice. if it has a small shell then its a stometalla and a good thing.

perfectdark

And if it doesnt its most likely a Nudibranch as stated above.. Lettuce nudis are found most commonly as hitchikers but yours seems to be of a different type given the color. The only nudi I would keep in my tank is a lettuce, so keep an eye on it.

todj2002

i did not see any shell. i noticed it a couple days ago in the tank on a piece of rock. it was not moving and i could not figure out what it was. almost looks like a chewed up piece of gum, pink and white. i noticed it moving last night during feeding. very slow movment and today it is gone. wish i could have got a pick but i cant find my card
. very weird looking pink white kinda blob. if i can find my card and find it again i will take pic. i think it has crawled inside of rock but i will watch for it again. thanks for the opinions.

chriscolumbus

Todd I tried to snap a pic of whats in my tank that I have no clue of what it is.. kinda sounds like yours.. I saw it again last night way after i turned out the lights.. I was searching around with a LED light trying to see capepods and saw him again.. i got my camera and like a crazy investigator switched on the lights real fast and tried to take some pictures.. he moved a little bit faster than i though he did once the lights were on.... this thing came out a few days ago and he "spit" like 4 times some stuff and went back in.... anyone know what he is and is whatever he "spits" dangerous to my aquarium.. here is the best pic i could get of him
he is right in the middle of the picture.. he is going back into the darkness.. u can see his "foot" behind him as well