What is this...Its everywhere!

meleerock

I am afraid that these things are bad and will kill everything in my tank... im sure im over reacting. Does anyone know what this is? Thanks!!!

ric maniac

Looks like a flatworm to me. I've never had to deal with them so maybe someone with more experience will chime in.

meleerock

flatworm exit. I have already seen a bunch and just added a bunch of new frags so must have got them from that. I did in iodine bath but I guess they lived through it.
I will get some of this tomorrow at my LFS. Anyone else have oppinions on this? I am going to read up on them right now.
Oh well...it happens.

Originally Posted by MeleeRock
flatworm exit. I have already seen a bunch and just added a bunch of new frags so must have got them from that. I did in iodine bath but I guess they lived through it.
I will get some of this tomorrow at my LFS. Anyone else have oppinions on this? I am going to read up on them right now.
Oh well...it happens.

I may be mistaken, but don't they have things that eat flatworms?

walmart

Originally Posted by porthosandjazz
I may be mistaken, but don't they have things that eat flatworms?
Blue velvet nudibranchs will eat flatworms

meleerock

My tank is too small for a sixline. its only a 14 gallon. I want one though. I dont want to get a nudi though, i dont know if it would eat them all, and if it does it will starve without food in such a small tank.
I think regardless I am gunna use Flatworm Exit. From what I have read about it, it sounds pretty promising. It doesnt harm other inverts or corals if dosed properly. Im gunna pick some up and suck as much of it as I see out with a baster and use the FWexit tomorrow. This seems to be the most effective way to rid them from what I have read.