what is this?

piggy

thanks kim and prom,
i thought that it looked like a gona also but they have a round skeleton this one does not.:jumping:

Piggy, beautiful Coral.... Nice tank too.
OK, not polyps, thats what I thought from the first PIC. Yes looks like a flowerpot, but if it doesnt retreat at night, its not. With the base like you say, hmm?? I dont know. Do a search here on SWF under corals and see if you can find it. YOu wanna make sure your lights are adaquite.
Again, nice tank, Kim

promisetbg

Hmmmm:thinking:
Closer it looks like a Turbinaria, Pagoda Coral - Turbinaria species
Also known as: Pagoda Cup Coral, Bowl Coral, Cup Coral, Octopus Coral, Scroll Coral, Vase Coral, Lettuce Coral.
But I have'nt seen a pink one..usually green.You could count the tentacles on each {not sure of the correct term}but on each extended "flower" the "petal" part on a goniopora has 24 tips.Not all Goni's are necessarily round..they can also be odd shaped.If touched does it show a skeleton?

piggy

hello, thanks for the info. yes it will retreat at night and if touched. it also has a hard skeleton:happy:

promisetbg

Try blowing it with a turkey baster{clean and used only for your tank} or something to get it to retract in the daytime if you can.