What is this?

irishpenny

This morning I saw these swiggley lines on my glass tank. What is this? I noticed that one of the scarlet skunk shrimp is missing..had two. I saw the shell near the rock, but no shrimp. Would these swiggley lines have anything to so with the missing shrimp. I have 2 clownfishes, one coral beauty and one blue tang...all have been getting along fine. Also some snails.
Do I need to remove these swiggly lines?
I hope I can post a pic so that you can see it. If it doesn't work, anyone have any idea what I may be talking about?

bigarn

If you don't want anymore snails, remove them.... but chances are most of them will become fish food anyway. :D

irishpenny

Well, I read up that the shrimp will lose it's shell or skin...think the term is molting? I have no more info about them. I don't see it anywhere in the tank...was told they hide. I can't find more info about them...how long do they hide before they come out again. How often do they "molt"? I think my fishes are missing their daily cleaning...:)
I have learned from this site and still will be learning more. Thanks for any info.
Nancy