what is this?!?!?!?!

norcal

ok i dont know how to post and when i do try my file sizes are too big. if someone could pleeeeeease email me at slumberking@gmail.com and i will send you the picture of this thing via email. it looks like a huge (1/2 inch) pod sort of. i am so confused at what this thing is

J

jdragunas

to post a pic, you have to resize it to be smaller than 500x500 pixels, then save it where you can find it. Then click "post reply", and near the bottom of the page, you'll se a "manage attachments" button. Click that, then click "browse", then find the pic you wanna upload and double click it. then click upload, and then click close window. Then just submit your reply.

reefman22

yeah but if you do it that way, you are limited to 5 pictures per post. isn't there a way to post more without going through the manage attatchments???
REEF

J

jdragunas

yes, if you have an online website that serves as a host to your pics, you can click the "insert image" icon in the toolbar above, and insert a link to the pic... it's all very technical, and i don't understand it, but i think that's the main jist of it...

pco1988

If you want to put more pics than 5 and want to have them bigger than 500x500pix then get a photobucket.com username.
Then upload your pics, and then post them in your posts by this format:

It will take some getting use to but a lot easier and cheaper (for those who don't have a program to resize photos, like me).
So give it a shoot.
Philip

pco1988

Here is a quick example:

The coding appears like this:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/pco1988/DSC_0109.jpg[/IMG ]
(space to show you what coding looks like, under normal circumstances there should be NO space in between the red letter and symbol.)
Hope this has helped you out.
Philip

T

tizzo

Well, until he finds photobucket, here is the pic he needs an ID on...

norcal

Originally Posted by Tizzo
Well, until he find photobucket, here is the pic he needs an ID on...
wow i cant figure this out....im sorry im really bad with computers. anyways thanks tizzo for doing that for me.
explanation of creature:
its about 3/4 inch long
1/2 inch wide
pretty fat, thick
it was in the sand with those two things (legs, antenna's??) sticking up out of the sand.
it sorta looks like a huge sand-flea or a huge pod, but its too big to be either of those thing i think.
anyone know what the heck this thing is and if its safe?

T

tizzo

After you hit "post reply" then scroll down and click the "manage attachments" tab, then you can "browse" through your pics, " then "upload" the one you choose.
That is, after they are 500 by 500 pixels or smaller.
Photobucket is sorta the same, after you register, you "browse" then "submit" and after you see your pic you cut and paste the third option dwn to the boards.

bigarn

Originally Posted by Sharkboy97
im gonna guess a sand flea, i like them they stir your sand alot
Yea .. we call them sand fleas or sand crabs in Jersey. Sure looks like one.

clownfish4

Sand crab i have them at home brought them from the shore line of NC if that is not it it is probaly a hitch hiker. Do you have live rock? They are sand fleas or other people say sand crabs.