What is this!!!!!!!!!

keith burn

Well my wife got a Portuguese Man-of-War.
And is planning to keep it !!!!!!!!
And you thought you had a iggressive tank.
What would you do?

S

surfinusa

flush him or take him back to where you got him those are dangerous and can/will kill all of your fish in youir tank so get rid of him asap

keith burn

Originally Posted by surfinusa
flush him or take him back to where you got him those are dangerous and can/will kill all of your fish in youir tank so get rid of him asap

No, she will want me to set up tank for it.

reefiness

sounds really cool, go for it. it woudl have to be a large tank for it though. i would say your would need to feed it like gold fish or minnows becaus they are cheap

S

surfinusa

but they grow to 60 feet well their tentacles grow to sixty feet but where are you going to keep him in the mean time and they come from the open ocean so you have to have ceartin set up actuallly you'll need a like 15 foot high tank with no rock or plants or fish and you can only have sand in there and it will need cold water but i think that would be a wast for just one fish and they need a current and wind for survival so i wouldnt do it but its your desision

coachklm

you have to have a specially designed tank for JF that replicates the ocean to an exact science so....put that on a 20ft stand and have fun. might look good in a vaulted ceiling room with a balcony ... uhh bad idea on a jellyfish tank without mundo research and mundo mulah.....

drew2005

Originally Posted by surfinusa

Never mind kill all of your fish. It could kill you. I wouldnt keep that around my house.

keith burn

Originally Posted by keith burn
Well my wife got a Portuguese Man-of-War.
And is planning to keep it !!!!!!!!
And you thought you had a iggressive tank.
What would you do?
Well thanks for all the help BUT it is no more>...
Looked on line about tanks $55-$6500 and more.
But it did not live. thanks

rara12

its not really just one animal but a community of hydroids and such. If you did keep it you could add one or two manowar fish. Really cool but super hard to find.

S

surfinusa

there not super hard to find i find them all the time here where they live on the beach in the water and at the monterey bay aquarium