What Is This????

ameno

This just showed up in the tank this last weekend. It seems to have the texture like an anemone. It has a larger round base and the tip is bright red. almost the shape of a golf tee. Anybody have a clue of what it is??

ameno

Hummm 21 views and nobody knows what it is yet. I have not seen anything like this before. one strange hitchhiker.

05xrunner

how is anyone supposed to answer the question from a blurry red blob.
back up obvisouly you are past the min focus distance on the camera since the corraline in the background is in focus. or you just completely missed focus.

ameno

Ok I took over a dozen pics and this is the best I could get with the camera I have and from the location it was at. Maybe since I know what I'm looking at it was easier for me to see.
Even though it's blurry you should be able to see a general idea of what I'm talking about.

ameno

the blurry red bloob is the tip of it, the other part that looks purple is the rest of it, which goes to a bigger round base. Like I said kinda the shape of a golf tee

ameno

I'll try and get better pics, but it will be next week before I can post them.
it has moved since I took those, maybe it will be in a better position to get pictures

devil dog

Originally Posted by ameno
http:///forum/post/2607763
I'll try and get better pics, but it will be next week before I can post them.
it has moved since I took those, maybe it will be in a better position to get pictures
It move's!!!! could it be a small Anemone?

ameno

It has all the characteristics of an anemone but only has one tentacle.
It did show up close to a couple of my red bubble tips. but this is a much brighter red. Maybe it is some type of offspring from the bubble tips, but normally they just split and look the same.
I don't know