What is this ????

johannas

Thank you flower,as per usual you have been very helpful.
I looked it up,I love it.
They recommend calcium.what do you think ?
Also any thoughts on the disapprance of my Condy anemone ?

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannas http:///t/396795/what-is-this#post_3535345
Thank you flower,as per usual you have been very helpful.
I looked it up,I love it.
They recommend calcium.what do you think ?
Also any thoughts on the disapprance of my Condy anemone ?

Hi,

Never dose what you don't test for first
. Do a calcium test, it should be between 400 and 500...if it isn't, you can get liquid calcium to dose the tank, or purple up. If your calcium is within range, don't bother to dose. Salt mix for a reef (such as Instant ocean reef crystals) has greater calcium then the regular salt mixes. If you change your salt mix, don't do a sudden change, but a 70% old salt / 30% new mix, and slowly increase the new mix and decrease the old, as you make your change water, over time until you are only using the new mix. That's something I just read, so it isn't from personal experience.

Anemones are fickle...they move where they want, get sucked up into the power heads and intake tubes, and flush their bodies of water and look like they are dying....if it disappeared, it most likely died, and the CUC took care of the snot spot it left of it's remains. Once the water is gone from the anemone, they are just a thin membrane of tissue. Always check for ammonia whenever you find a critter is MIA...just to be assured that everything is fine. With a good CUC you won't have any problems, but it's always best to double check.

johannas

Thanks Flower
My anemone was one of my favorite critters in my tank.
Like losing a member of the family.
This may sound like a dumb question.I want to add some more live rock to my tank.
If the rock at my FS is in water does that mean it's cured ?

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannas http:///t/396795/what-is-this#post_3535379
Thanks Flower
My anemone was one of my favorite critters in my tank.
Like losing a member of the family.
This may sound like a dumb question.I want to add some more live rock to my tank.
If the rock at my FS is in water does that mean it's cured ?

Hi,

You will have to ask the store people how long the rock was in the holding tank. They will know if it's cured....for example, if it arrived yesterday, and was just put into the tub, then no.