What is this??

oregonbud

Hey all,
I was looking at the tank the other night and noticed this thing in there, then didn't see it for a few days, saw it again last night, and now I see it today - so I took a picture, to accompany my horrible description :)
I first thought it was a big spirunalea (not sure of the spelling but the little white curly things?) because the white spiral part looks similar to some of the bigger ones I see on my glass, but this one seems to have almost feather duster like hairs coming out the top, the really strange thing is it is attached to something and on close inspection (I originally thought it may have been a baby snail the spirunalea had attached to) but now I think the feathers are actually coming out of the colored base that the spiral is attached to and it moves - any ideas?

sagxman

Looks like some type of tube worm to me. I've got a few different types all over in my aquarium.

oregonbud

Haha :)
I know one is a tube worm but it just seems like it is actually two seperate creatures that are stuck together - hmm maybe its just a snail with a big tube worm stuck to its shell- thanks