what is wrong with my feather duster

marsha

i looked in the tank last night and found that my large feather duster shed his skin.... totally.... the top arrow is his head and the bottom arrow is his tail... the middle feather duster is my small one... will my big duster be ok without his skin... :notsure: .... not sure on what to do ... can anyone give me some advice?

marsha

Originally Posted by KOgle
If you are talking about it's tube then they can "regrow" it.

ok i was not sure... but he will be ok right? he is hudge when open and i just dont want to lose him... thanks...

alyssia

He will build a new tube if he doesn't get eaten first. They will jump out of their tube if they don't like where you placed them or if they are stressed.

marsha

Originally Posted by alyssia
He will build a new tube if he doesn't get eaten first. They will jump out of their tube if they don't like where you placed them or if they are stressed.

he is inside of a rock... there is a hole in the rock where i placed him and he i guesedd jumped out of this tube.... there is nothing showing on him except his feathers the rest of him is out of site.. i am just hoping he wont die like that... thanks

swlover

Mine totally left his tube and was gone for weeks I thought he died, but low and behold he came up in a different spot with a brand spanking new tube. Hope he comes back!