What is wrong with my Hippo

rane

Ok I look into my tank today as always and I dont see my Hippo Tang, this is strange since all three Tangs are always out and about. Then I notice him in the rockwork, when I notice that his right eye has a bubble over it covering his entire eye, its like a milky almost clear bubble like if someone punched him in the eye and gave him a white eye instead of black eye. What the Hell is this? and why did it apear from one day to another?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Likely aggression from one of the other 2 tangs. How big is your tank? Do you have a QT to put this tang in?

rane

Hi Beth,
my tank is a 155gl tank and the three tangs are the only ones in there, right now they have been in hypo for 2.5 months with salinity @ 1.09 because of an iCH outreak I had, they have been cleared of ICH after the 3rd week I had them in hypo but decided to keep them at that level till I move which should be in about 2-3 more weeks. all my water parem. are fine I dont know what caused it, like I said it was from one day to another I have been keeping a close eye on all the fish thats how I kow it was from one day to another. any thing I should do?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know that it is wise to keep fish for extended periods in hypo. Are you using a refractometer? What are your water readings?
You may need to treat the fish in a QT with antibiotics. First, though, try a large water change.