What is your dream tank?

overanalyzer

Dream Tank?? A nice display in my own LFS .... surrounded by some prop tanks, some breeder tanks and several display tanks!!

marco333

I saw a picture of someone who had a tank in every room, and big tubes connecting all the tanks together so that the fish could swim to any tank that they wanted to. That would be real nice

flamehawk

I meant 20,000 gallons not 2000. Need to be able to scuba with the fish and scrub the algae off the glass.....can't wait!

pufferfreak

You guys are going to laugh at me. My dream tank is a 65 reef, with a 90 gallon refugium. The bugs and stuff in the tanks are the coolest thing about tanks not the actual fish.

broncofish

Originally posted by pufferfreak
You guys are going to laugh at me. My dream tank is a 65 reef, with a 90 gallon refugium.

Believe me you are not alone, my dream tank is a 300g, with a 900g refugium.

E

elan

well.. my realistic dream tank will be an in-wall 250-300 main tank tank using my 135 and the refugium...
but, since this post isnt realistic.... i would love to build a house in the ocean!.. this way, every "window" would be the tank..... and i would only need to add rocks so that nearby corals could come and attach... oh.. maybe a shipwreck out back :)

Hey Flamehawk, that sounds like a great idea, my thoughts exactly. I've been to a place in Hawaii (the Pacific Beach Hotel) where they have an amazing tank that the divers have to go in and feed the fish and also clean the tank, ever been to Hawaii??? If you haven't and you get the chance you have to go and check out this place, incredible, it makes our dreams of tanks feel like they can be met...... Dreams can come true......

saltyj

I would just like to sprout gills and live hundreds of miles of shore and sit back and watch life pass me by. With not a care in the world.

aceiswild7

I'm setting up my realistic dream tank this saturday... a 180 Reef Ready tank with a drilled 125 refugium that is elevated next to it to gravity feed into the reef tank. minimal pumps, no filtration. small protien skimmers. 4" sand bed in each tank. lots of live rock in the main tank. lots of caulerpa in the refugium. eventually ill put a show animal in the reef like a dragon moray. i cant wait

slick

I'm doing my dream tank as well. It is a 240 in wall with a fish room on the back side. It will have a 100g sump with a 50g fuge. I am setting it up so I can change anything later down the road. It will cost a lot of damn money and will take a lot fo time. But it will be worth it in the long run. I hope.

overanalyzer

Originally posted by SaltyJ
I would just like to sprout gills and live hundreds of miles of shore and sit back and watch life pass me by. With not a care in the world.

No cares except:
Survival
Not getting stung, eaten or made host to a parasite
Humankind polluting your environment
Getting gassed with some horrible posion so you can be shipped to a fish tank
Getting netted, bagged and shipped halfway across the world so a bunch of people can tap on the glass cage that is now your home.....
Damn - no wonder why our fish get stressed ....
Seriously though - I like your idea - it sure beats the heck out of my cubical/cell I am forced to dwell in today!!

beaslbob

low maintenance
My dream tank is one that is open top, near a window, and completely balanced through the use of macro algae. the idea is the algae and open top eliminates the need for circulation and filters. The window provides light. Maintenance would be replacing the water that evaporates and feeding the fish. Of course if it were big enough that fish would breed in it all the better. Not only low maintenance but completely independant of any electrical power.