what is your favorite coral?

joe5_15

what is your favorite and easiest to keep corals? im goin to get a reef tank because right now its just damsels. so takin any suggestions

I personally love open brains. I have 2 and would have more if I had the room. They are easy to keep and i also like different polyps and mushrooms. My favorite mushroom is a pink mushroom but good luck trying to find one of those because it is near to impossible unless you are fortunate enough to know someone with them.

L

lucas alderson

Love those bright watermelon mushrooms!!!!!! Full of magnificent beauty. :D :D

I woudl have to sya i personal favorite coral that is easy to keep would have to be my 8 inch in diameter green toadstool leather.
Jay

von_rahvin

large poylp stonies :)
open brains and elegants. they are great. make sure you have a ood tank before you get them though.

klh

I'm new to all this, but I have a colt, rasta leather, and pink plate coral. I just added mushrooms yesterday. But I love to watch my plate. He loves the spot I have him in, and he gets so full and pretty. His little tenticles sway with the water. He is also the first to let me know when something isn't right in the tank.

My newest favorite is my Meat Coral, absolutely awesome! Most reefers stay away from this coral because it is too easy :eek: to keep! It is great for beginners (assuming of course a mature tank and good water conditions). The only hard part is finding one. I just got lucky one day at the LFS.
The colors and shapes this thing goes into are not to be believed. It can literally go from the size of a quarter to 12" fully extended!
It can eat meat, so it is fun to watch it eat, but this is not mandatory. It likes lower light, so light is not an issue. It likes low current, so current is not an issue. It does not sting, so stinging is not an issue. About the only requirement is space for expansion. It lives on the reef floor right on the sand, so a DSB is best, or at the very least, an aragonite sand bottom.
I have quite a collection of corals, alot of them "fussy", that I would never recommend to a beginner. But this one is great, will get lots of attention, and thrives with minimal care (compared to many many others).
So, my vote is for the Cynarina lacrymalis. Everyone will be asking you, "where's the beef?" :D
HTH
Hermit

flydan

Hey,
I really like my elgance coral. It's awesome. I have also been lucky with a flowerpot coral although I feel like it's a time bomb waiting to go off. I got it back in my "stupid" phase. (Didn't do all the research and believe the lfs person.) Anyway, they are both doing very well and are beautiful. For hardiness, I also have several shrooms and polyps. I thing the hairy mushroom is the best of those.
Dan'l