what jd and darth are getting

snailheave

Originally Posted by DevilDog01
Snailheave, where'd u get that awesome overflow box?
the black one? it's built in

snailheave

it came with the tank since it' built-in. so... at the local fish store?
are you talking about my refugium or the overflow? or my skimmer that might've looked like an overflow box in the back?

snailheave

that's built-in. ordered from a manufacture through my lfs.
i kind of wish i'd gone with hang-on-back overflow
just cleaned my overflow and it was saddled with hair algaes
it was hard to clean coz it's built in.

snailheave

when you upgrade, order a tank with a center built-in overflow with two returns. it's not something you buy separately.

devildog01

I am clueless to the whole plumbing thing. Can u post pics of your plumbing stuff and try to explain it to me? When I order that, does it come with the 4 nozzles too?

devildog01

I am thinking I'll just turn my 55 into a sump/fuge and divide it. How would I do that?? Sorry about all this. I am 13 and stupid.

snailheave

you are better served if you do some research on the equipment board. however i do have some pictures i took when i was building mine. right now i can't take any of that stuff because it's all blocked out.
and it's actually two Y-shape nozzles

devildog01

Oh cool. I did take a look in the equipment stuff, but everything is all about people doing stuff who know what they're doing...I need it in English!

snailheave

Originally Posted by DevilDog01
I am thinking I'll just turn my 55 into a sump/fuge and divide it. How would I do that?? Sorry about all this. I am 13 and stupid.
you certainly can do that if you are good at gluing stuff and can find the pieces of glass/acrylic that are required.

devildog01

How would the glass have to be cut? Do they need to be different shapes? Does the glass have to be drilled so the water can pass through? I dont know anything...please help if u can.

crazyzeus1

Originally Posted by snailheave
in california it's illegal to sell, don't know about texas.
you can sign up for the next batch

Why is it illegal to sell in Cali?
I was born there!

devildog01

Originally Posted by crazyzeus1
I was born there!
EVERYTHING is illegal in California!!!

snailheave

this is my eco-system. i could've saved some money building everything up from the ground. however i decided it was probably too much work for me since it was my first semi-diy project. even now i'd still opt for a pre-made thing than putting all pieces together from the ground up.
the water comes down from the overflow to one of the two holes on the left. this is the first area, you use a flexible tube to connect from the bottom of the overflow to the sump (which i will show later.) then you can either just let the tube drop in like that or you can wrap it around with some kind of clothes.
the water will go through the two 'eyes' and reach to the middle 'refugium' section. then the water will then over flow to the next chamber which is the sump for the pump. and the pump pumps the water back up to the main display.

snailheave

Originally Posted by crazyzeus1
I was born there!
no wonder you're so hawt.