what kind a coral is this

rockster

That looks like a gorgonian. Most are not photosynthetic, needs constant supply of phytoplanktons to be happy. They are demanding and are not the easiest to keep. Although a number of members here claim success with them, I am reading more about them before I purchase one. They are beautiful and I want one in my tank too. Well, someday.;)

iechy

I saw one of those at the LFS yesterday. If they were right then it was an Elegant Blue Sea Fan. they didn't know much about it. They said it was only the second one they'd seen. Also that it was a gorgonian as rockster said. Maybe with the name you can find more info. It was really beautiful, if my tank was ready for it I would have bought it.

musipilot

Yep, looks like a non-photosynthesizing sea fan. There are two things I would suggest to ensure it's health. One...make sure your trace elements are at the proper levels, and you may want to try feeding it with TLF Marine Snow. Thats the only way I can see you getting him food. Good luck, let us know how it works out!