what kind of beer do you like?

jstange2

I was into bud light for the longest time. Then came Micholob Ultra. Now, I have fallen in love with Michlolob AMBERBOCK. :D That stuff is GOOD. A couple of weeks ago, a buddy and I were at a steak house and started in on the amber after the food. All I have to say is that it was a good thing the pregnant wives were along. :sleepy: Great stuff makes for great times.

There are quite a few that I like, but many are local brew's so they aren't that well known.
Third Coast Ale (Somewhere in MI)
Bell's Oberon (Kalamazoo, MI)
Clipper City Ale (Baltimore, MD)
Spartan Wheat (E. Lansing, MI)
As far as more common beers go:
Boddington's
Sapporo
Bass
Kilkenny
Smithwick's (pronounced smitticks)
Sam Adams
Red Stripe
Guinness
Harp
Far too many to pick a favorite . . .

pwnag3!!

few of my favs...
shiner bock
red hook
bass
modelo especial
red stripe
sierra nevada pale ale and wheat
shiner heffewiesen
shiner summer stock
shiner blonde
tons of others
oh yeah and just for drinkin drinkin bud light

corynm

I've been on an India Pale Ale (IPA) kick for quite some time. I usually get it at one of our local micro-breweries or from my homemade stash!!

schneidts

I fell in love with Amber Boch back in '97, when it was first introduced, then they took it off the shelves for a year or two out here.:mad: A couple other great cheap beers are Yuengling and RollingRock.

moraym

Favorites:
Lowenbrau (used to live in Stuttgart)
St Pauli Girl
Newcastle
Other choices:
Sam seasonals
Bass
Guiness - gotta love the sludge :)
Moosehead
Pilsner Urquell (sp?)

schneidts

Originally posted by MorayM
Guiness - gotta love the sludge :)

It's just not a beer if the bartender doesn't ask, "Do you want a fork with that?"
:hilarious

T

tizzo

Yeah, I was gonna say Yuengling, then Schneidts said it was cheap sooo
Ah, it's still my fav.
And 007, I hafta ask, which beers DON'T you like?? LOL

nicky1.8t

i loves me a 40 oz of old english
j/k
i like sam addams
killians
coors
but i useally drink something with a bit more zip on it like jack or goose

schneidts

Originally posted by Tizzo
Yeah, I was gonna say Yuengling, then Schneidts said it was cheap sooo
Ah, it's still my fav.

Sorry Tiz, I meant "inexpensive". :D
Yacobito-
They stopped selling Yuengling here about 5 years ago, too, due to some interstate exporting problems with the distributor. I heard they switched distributors, and a couple years ago they started selling it here again. I only live 20 min. from the PA border, so I would go to a tavern every once in a while to get it on draft. I wonder if there is a similar situation there.

someone400

Ah yes!
Beer, one of my favorite subjects!
My personal favorite would have to be Fat Tire from New Belgium Brewing Company in Golden Colorado. But as far as what I use for an every day beer that would have to be Bud Light and occasionally Bush because it is relatively inexpensive. There are too many others that I also like to list.
Has anyone been to the Flying Saucer? One of my favorite places to try new beer.

yacobito

Yeah I heard they have interstate problems. My dad's electrical contracting company did their two new plants ( Pottsville,PA and another in FL), so they must be doing pretty well to have expanded. I looked online and it seems it is sold in :
Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Delaware, Maryland, Washington D.C., Virginia, North Carolina and Florida
I am going home over Easter (Danville, PA) and will make sure to down a few while I have the chance.

avbryce1

guiness
dos eques(sp) amber with a lime
red stripe
grolsh
st pauli girl
becks
yuengling, rolling rock, and sam adams are the best american beers aside from some of the micros

Originally posted by Tizzo
007, I hafta ask, which beers DON'T you like??

:D
I admit, there are a LOT of beers that I like, but I can't stand anything brewed by the major breweries in the U.S. except for Sam Adams. I would rather drink out of my reef tank than drink a budweiser or miller brew . . . . (insert vomiting smilie here)