WhAt kind of protein skimmer do you use?

gabbie

We are going to be investing in a skimmer soon. I was wondering what type were used and liked by others.
Thanks Gabbie

adrian

I use a Berlin classic, and a reef devil. The berlin is great, as long as you have a large enough pump. The reef devil rocks, as with the berlin it has to be cleaned often, and again pump size is very important. I have used several other skimmers in the past, and these two are by far my favorite for a medium to small tank of course, my largest system is only about 100 gallons, and there are a ton of larger skimmers out there. Both are also moderately priced, and both need a sump. HTH

kris

I have used the bak-pacs for some time now--liked them alot but am now upgrading to the recommended remora pro (the big one).

q

I have a Euro-reef. Quiet, easy to clean, easy to adjust. A bit expensive though.

cwfish

I use a predator series 2. Great skimmer, but it takes a bit of room (40" high). I run it with a Mag 12.

indy mike

I use an aqua-c ev180 It works very well. cost 330 bucks rated to 180- gallons. It is extremely easy to clean and get to under my tank in the sump. I put the tank on my wifes white carpet and have to pass over it to get to the sink and dump the nasty black stuff, no spills yet. I would recommend the aqua-c but have no experience with any others. Good luck to you. You cannot afford to mess up in this hobby, it costs too much!

justinl

I've had 2 Prizms which worked well and a Berlin AirLift 90 which for the money worked ok.
If you're on a budget get a used Prizm and if you're really on a budget an AirLift.
Wouldn't use them on a tank over 55, especially the Air Lift though.

kassy

seaclone I have a 55 gal it's well recommended and you can still get at liveaqueria for 69.00 well worth the money!

nm reef

When I set up my 55 reef I used a CPR bacpac2r...does a fine job...but I'd not use it on anything larger than a 55. Currently my reef is skimmerless and the bacpac2r is on my fish only system. Been running for close to 18 months now with only minor problems and adjustments. :cool:

moga

i use aggressor hang-on 90G on my 55G..
doing awsome job....nitrate got really low..and no more green algae problem...