What kind of skimmer for a 30 gallon?

dbennett78

I am looking to buy a skimmer that is less than $100 that will do a good job on my 30 gallon tank. Just wondering if anyone knows of any that arent going to break in a few months and do the trick. Let me know.

viper_930

As far as skimmers come, you get what you pay for. If you want to go cheap now, you'll be paying for more it later when it breaks. Bad idea. If you are willing to spend $120, the CPR bakpak is a great skimmer. I use it on my 36 gallon and have no regrets buying it. Keeps the tank clean and spotless.

robchuck

Do you have a sump?
If not, there are some hang-on skimmers available for under $100, but are questionable in terms of quality. The CPR Bakpak that Viper mentioned has a fairly decent reputation, but the most typically praised hang-on skimmer is the AquaC Remora. It runs about $160 new, but you could probably find a used one close to your budget.

I

ivanfj

:yes: :yes: I think you should get that one as well. I wouldn't suggest you getting the prizm although their price is tended to be lower. When I got home last night, it was water all over the floor because my prizm was leaking
Lucky everything's alright right now. I've had mine for 2 years and now I kinda realize it's not skimming as much as before. Maybe it's time for a new one.
HTH

nm reef

I'd also suggestthe Remora or the CPR...I've had a CPR bacpac 2r running on a 55 display for over three years. My nephew has it now...but its still doing a great job.I've never used a Remora...but as mentioned they are highly regarded also...either should be adaquate for your needs.:thinking: