What kinda coral

rslinger

So i got some cheap coral but have no idea what it is besides sps. any help would be great so i can figure out here to put it.

nikesb

1st and 2nd, medium-high light
3rd, high light.
acclimate them to their spots though

C

coral guy

1st is a galaxy coral 2nd one im not sure because i not an expert in sps

rslinger

I Google galaxy and I am 90 percent sure this is not that. It seems galaxy is lps and this i am pretty sure is sps. The tenicales you see are less than a 1/4 long the picture is just super zoomed in.

rslinger

I would say on number one and three you guys are right on!! thank you number two i am not to sure about though it is a different looking coral from 1. I will take a picture of the skeleton structure later today maybe that will help.

rslinger

The more I look the more I agree thank you nike. I got those three sps and four frags of zoo that are super colorful for $40. I know one of the zoas are LA Lakes. The rest are super bright.

rslinger

Not really in to the NBA anymore... But they look super cool. Purple centers a ring of yellow ring of purple with yellow tentacles.

rslinger

Sure thing....these are the ones i am pretty sure are Lakers. They are more of a yellow gold in person.

And the rest of the zoa's

And maybe the best

Opps i forgot i got two of these in the deal too!!

rslinger

looks like you used dry rock

Right on the only way to go think. The other rock you see I'm the tank is my rock from other tanks I used for seed. The dry rock I got is beautiful. Mined from a old reef on dry land in Florida. Sure I will get in trouble here if I tell you where I ordered it. But I will say it was $85 for 50 lbs free shipping. And 100 pounds filled my tank and sump. Don't have to pay for water weight....

nikesb

marco rock im guessing?
i'm using the same dry rock. brs, marco, and reefcleaners all get it from the same source

nikesb

the dry rock is natural. it will turn dark over time like normal live rock. these rocks are calcium based and are excavated from an ancient reef site, why isnt it natural?
these rocks are by far better than live rock from fiji or tonga imo. i use it and they have a better shape and better porosity