What kinds of foods for a Snowflake eel?

watcher

I've got a 8" pencil thin snowflake moray eel, i live in a small town in south dakota, so getting scallops, and squid is out of the question, what should i feed him?
The lfs has frozen krill, should I try that?
thanks

viper12775

i feed my banded morray frozen krill it wont touch silversides just make sure you buy the small bags of frozen food untill you find what he likes i listend to my lfs and they said to feed him the siversides so i got a big bag and the eel wont touch them but at least the stone fish loves them

watcher

no silversides
i have 2 hermits in the tank that i think he could take down iff he wanted to,
he also hasn't eaten any of the brine ive offered himher

viper12775

if he is just not eating for you you could get some fresh water ghost shrimp and feed him them live and sneek frozen krill with a feeding stick

watcher

lol, your going to think this is crazy but we dont get ghost shrimp anywhere near me
im thinking im going to get a goldfish or 2 tomorrow, just to keep it living, so it'll give me a little time to think of a better solution

viper12775

that sucks i get a few every 2 weeks just to dump them in the tank and watch him hunt them down get some krill and the feeding stick and try that goldfish arent good for them from what i hear but once or twice wont hurt it

shand-horn

I feed mine with frozen clam I place it close to the hole he hides in he will also take the frozen shrimp that goes in for the Lion, also any of the feeder fish that he can get.

my eel loves silversides and krill . as a matter of fact all i have to do at feedin times is lightly tap on the class and he comes out of nowhere going mental until he eats maybe try to put alil garlic on the food then maybe he will take it .. ya know a lil flava