what makes me thrive?

monchichi8

I just got a leather coral....What helps this little guy thrive?...what addatives do they like best?...I just ran out of calcium.but I have been putting strontium and molybdenum, iodine, and an invertabrate smorgoues board..I haven't added anything to the tank in 2 days...anyone know?...Thanks
Chris

foulbrew

My leathers do fine with just medium current and light and no additives except kalkwasser and weekly water changes.

mdhyde

Is it a yellow leather? very difficult to keep.
you are adding the right things. That is all you can do

algaepad

I just bought a yellow finger leather and was told by the LFS that it was an easy coral to keep. One day I will learn to research before I buy but I am new at this and learning as I go. Hoepfully it will do well.

T

thomas712

You will need to keep your calcium up around the standard 400 to 450, and your alk around 10-14 Dkh, and a salinity of 1.023 to 1.025. I you let these simple things slip your coral will let you know. It will shrink longer than normal or the slouching where it sheds its outer layer of skin. Moderate current. To start try to keep it in as much light as where you purchased it then you can gradually increase the lighting if neccessary.
Thomas

monchichi8

THANKS EVERYBODY ON THE GREAT ANWSERS.....IT'S SO NICE TO BE ABLE TO ASK QUESTIONS..AND GET SUCH GREAT REPLIES.
tHANBKS , cHRIS