What pairs with Dragon Goby

I have a Dragon Goby, he is pretty big, about 3". As soon as my salinity level reaches 1.024-1.025 (it is 1.019 now) I really want a couple fire shrimp a sally lightfoot and about 10 scarlet hermits and 10 Astrea snails. Is this an okay combination with a Dragon Goby?

aarone

Amblyeleotris or Stonogobiops type gobies only usually pair with a pistol shrimp.
this includes,
hi fin red banded goby
orange spotted goby
orange stripe prawn goby
watchman goby
and what is this dragon goby? I looked around and i couldnt get a positive id, the only thing that even comes close is the mandarin, which is a dragonnette.

A pistol shrimp probably will not pair with a Dragon goby. Dragon or Banded gobies tend to stay in the open and not hide. Mine will cruise around picking at algae, between him and my kole tang they keep hair algae under control. These guys have a good sized mouth as well , mine ate a neon gobie once so be warned if there are smaller fish in the tank. Mine also really liked nori or sea weed on the veggie clip as well as any kind of meaty food.
They are a great goby, but if your looking for something to pair up with a pistol shrimp, go with a shrimp goby or watchman, you will have better luck. Besides if the pistol was small enough a dragon may see one as a meal.
HTH
Brian

oh, yes. I had a couple Damsels in the tank and the goby swallowed them up. I dont have a pistol shrimp but I think I will get one or two large fire shrimp and the goby wont bother them. I have CC and the goby sifts through it just fine. Maybe I will get some seaweed for him today, I love how he looks cranky all the time! Thanks!