what protein skimmer sould i get???

fishy88

i have a 160 gal fowlr. my old one broke and i what a different kind. what is a very good in sump skimmer? i plan on keeping some messy eaters like triggers, eels, ect.

u235a4

what size tank is this for and what price range are looking for, and also hangon, insump or external

Your probably gonna want to try to increase your skimmer budget a little for a heavy fed tank. Euro-Reef, AquaC, and Precision Marine are all excellent brands to consider, but none are cheap. The latter two brands also have available waste collectors that will shut down the foam production in the skimmers before overflowing. Well worth the extra cash if you can afford it or be prepared for many partial water changes. With a tank of this size you should have plenty of room for a reasonable size Refugium. You may want to consider this to relieve some work on your filtration anyway. This is the perfect example of where a Refugium is very useful as the whole idea is a separate area to allow things to grow that would be eaten in the display tank. Anyway strong skimmer is always a plus for messy eaters!
www.euro-reef.com
www.proteinskimmer.com
www.precisionmarine.com
Good Luck,
Myk.