What pump should i get for a JBJ ATO?

nano-newb1983

Im going to get a JBJ ATO soon and need to know what pump is best to use with it.. Will be goin on a 24g nanocube
thanks

kylev

I just walked outside to see what I was using on mine and its a RIO 1400 but I also have a 100g sump so I'd say you should use a much smaller pump, Im sure that most will work with the ATO, I'd just make sure that its not too large that by the time the float relays to turn the pump off you've added too much water.

kylev

That should work might be a little too much GPH, I'm no expert. If you have it on hand just give it a try or hopefully someone else will chime in, I would just hate for it to overflow your tank because I said it would work

flower

I got the large cheapo one from Pet Co for $19.99, it works great. All you need is a pump that can push water from the floor to the top of the tank. My 90g is 4.5 feet. They sell a small one for $15.00
Oh, and don’t worry about overfilling the tank…the hose is from the floor up and the instant the pump cuts off the water flow back to the holding tank.