What Reef Salt do you use?

freddiec

Just wondering... SWF doesn't seem to sell salts, and I've been using Instant Ocean regular salt. I know they have something called reef crystals and was just wondering what people thought. I have several coral frags in my tank and I'm having to dose a lot of KH & Calcium.
I figured it might be a good idea to switch over to reef salt and wondered what other people use.

joncat24

Sea Chem reef salt...best I have used so far. I have used IO...IO reef Crystals, red sea, and of those I get the best results with the Sea chem.

rigdon87

I use reef crystals(cheapest around here)and i tested a fresh batch today and calcium was 520ppm and alk was between 13-14 at 1.026 salinty.pretty impressive for crystals i thought
.jon said somthin about IO changin there formula recently so i duno maybe they have a higher concentrated amount of trace elements now

freddiec

Hmm, either way I'm going to have to look at some options I guess... 13-14 alk... I would have to dump bottles of the part 2 in my tank. It seems like a constant battle to keep mine at 7-8.

A

abeandlulu

tropic marin pro reef. I have been using it for the past several months and have seen ALOT of coral growth.

btldreef

I started out with Tropic Marin Pro Reef, then switched to Instant Ocean and right now I'm trying out Coralife. I'm noticing NO DIFFERENCE with any of them. I refuse to pay the price for Tropic Marin Pro Reef if it gives me the same results as IO or Coralife for half the price.
The one plus with Coralife is that it comes in three individually sealed bags inside the bucket, which living on damp Long Island, comes in handy. Plus you get a tee shirt, LOL

I've found that most people swear by what they use.

egill

I started with IO but recently switched to Reef Crystals. Take a look at the amazon site. I got the 200g box for $45 so I bought 2 boxes to last me a little while.