What' s the 411 on SEIO pumps??

whatsmells

anybody every used this type of water jet system, it is getting lots of hype out here in Arizona from all the LFS

robchuck

A friend of mine uses the 820 model, and it pushes a fair amount of water for the price and the amount of electricity it uses.
But there are some reports of these pumps seizing up in reefs running with high calcium levels; nothing like the old exploding Rio pumps though.

whatsmells

yeah they are pretty pricy, but from what little research i have done it seems to push water through very gently but very efficently.

jenn-e

I just put one in my tank last week. I really like the flow, it's a wide flow, so it seems to cover a large area without blowing stuff around too much. It's kinda bulky in my 55, looks huge to me, but i am already planning on getting another.

whatsmells

yeah me to, if i but in three into my 150gal i can then remove the 5 maxi jets i have and sell them on ---- to recoup some of my funds invested in the big boys, plus anytime i can get extra hardware out the the tank the better right!!!:jumping: :jumping:

chingchong

I bought 2 M620 for my 55gal. I have sugar size DSB and it doesn't blow the sand away... I provide a good gentle glow, and i can see things floating in the middle of the tank (which will be picked up by the skimmer) ... really cool investment i think.