What salt brand do you use?

jayc

Lets see what salt brand most reefers use. I know its really all the same stuff but I would like to know what most people use. So post what brand you prefer to use and why you prefer it over others. and lets see what most people use.
Josh

littlebuck

also use instant ocean that what i started with and dont want to change. And mess up my good luck so far

lepete

IO (because it is usually the cheapest) ... It is a little low on calcium but I dose kalk anyways....

mimzy

Instant Ocean here too! That's what everyone suggested when I started out, and it's been working wonderfully so far!

jayc

So, so far its been Instant ocean/ reef crystals.
I forgot to add what salt I use in my first post. So far I've been using kent. My lfs has it on sale alot for cheap, I guess thats why.
Josh

blazehok68

Instant Ocean Here. It Was The Cheapest When I Started A Year And A Half Ago And I Heard Some People Switching Salts And Having Problems. I Dunno....

kdfrosty

Instant Ocean Reef Crystals here. Good stuff. I ahve recently considered switching to Tropic Marin though. Any pro/cons on that salt guys? Besides cost?

space_geek

I use Instant Ocean. I think one of the mods had a HUGE problem with it at one point though, but I cant remember who. If that mod replies, then maybe he/she will give more info on their experience. I however, have never had a problem with them, and I love their salt, and would never switch.

speg

I use crystal sea. My LFS has a article that instant ocean put out about different salt mixes and crystal sea was rated one of the lowest as far as the amount of good stuff in the salt. Crystal sea was rated second to highest... plus... its all thats available at a decent price for me :p
I'd be curious to know if anybody else has used crystal sea. When we did that salt mix survey my salt was one of the lowest for calcium.

dejaco

Instant Ocean here also. It was what I was shown to use by other saltwater keepers and it is usually the cheapest. :happyfish

buzzword

I use Tropic Marin now. I used Kent from the start but switched about 3 1/2 months ago. When the salt mix thread was going I noted that of all the salts posted that Kent and Tropic Marin had the highest calcium content. I prefer the Tropic Marin now because It's alkalinity is more stable as well as the high calcium, easier to mix, and I use less additives i.e. calcium, kalk, dKH buffer now with Tropic Marin.
I believe the mod with the tank wiping out by a bad bucket of IO was Thomas. My LFS whom i trust also warned me away from IO as they got a bad bucket as well and ruined a clients tank with it a few years ago. Just my 2 cents.

murph145

i use ocean pure by Via Aqua
i used to use real ocean water but switched over to salt to gicve me a uniform water change everytime never know what im getting from the ocean and plus its a lot cheaper too
so far results have been good with this stuff

sawsman

I've always used Corallife. parameters have always been consistent so I,ve never really considered any other brand.
-sawsman