What salt mix do you use?

sundance

I have recently come across a report called the "S15 report". It was new and eye opening to me (I'm 6 months new to reef aquariums) but I'm sure old news to many of you.
I would like to hear from you all, is this report of any value? What do you think about their salt mix (Marine Environment)? What salt mix do you use?
Thanks
Sundance:D

You are right . . . that report is rather old. However still somewhat valid, from a biased point of view.
I used instant ocean for a long time . . . and I recently switched to reef crystals and am happy so far.

grently348

i use reef crystals for mine. the salt doesnt have as many phosphates and silicates in it. phos. and silicates help produce the unwanted algae in your aquarium. so in my opinion i would use reef crystals.

lesleybird

Coralife. Why? Cause that's what all the empty buckets say at the LFS where I buy the R/O saltwater! So nice to have it ready made. Lesley

nm reef

I've seen the S-15 report...its been debated and kicked around for a while now. I use Instant Ocean Salt...used it to set up my reef and its the only salt product I've ever used.:thinking:

dreeves

Some branded salt company did the s-15 report...of course their salt was the best and all else stunk...imagine that...Aqua-Craft or something like that.