what should i do next

sickboy

I agree, not enough info
What do you want to keep and what can
you keep (depending on lighting etc)?

jerth6932

best thing to do is to post what you have in there, post your water peramiters, and then tell us what you would like to have in there! It will give us a clue as to what direction we should approch to helping you!

Have you been testing the water to see if you've started a cyclce? What do you have in the tank? As everyone says need more info.

p-rock973

yes the water is stable i have two damsels that im nit goin to have for long a few hermet crabs some snails and about 30 lbs of live rock with live sand im goin for coral i already have a piece of a frag so can u guys guide me in the direction of what kind of coral i should get or any other things im missing to help the live rock

p-rock973

alright today i bought a test kit and i need help can anybody tell me what these results mean ph-8.2 nitrate-50 high range 10 low range nitrite-0.1 ammonia-0 alkalinity 2.8 and water temp 78

premilove

everything seems good besides your nitrate..i am assuming you added the sand recently, which could be a cause for your nitrate to spike. what are you using for filtration?
since you have a nano- many ppl on here made mini fuges in the filtration chamber..look thru the threads
i say that you should add some zoos, they are easy to keep and are great to look at. Perfect starter coral. I have over 20 species in my tank, and now I want to keep it all zoa's. My light is off right now so they are all sleeping. Check out threads that have anything to deal with zoas, you can see all the different kinds. My favorites are Jolly Green Giants, and of course Armor of God. I got a whole bunch today, so 2m i will post a new thread showing them off

mr_x

i don't think you should have detectable nitrite. i would do a couple gallon water change and wait another couple weeks before adding anything else.

rotarymagic

If your alk is only 2.8dKH, thats really low... you need to get that up to between 8 and 12dKH. I'm sure water changes will help and if not, you'll need to start dosing. It'll get there man, don't get discouraged.

p-rock973

ok thanks alot but my nitrate is really at a 10 i took the water to the pet store and they told me it was ok i guess my test kit is messed up but y

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by P-Rock973
http:///forum/post/2816534
ok thanks alot but my nitrate is really at a 10 i took the water to the pet store and they told me it was ok i guess my test kit is messed up but y
What "pet store" did you go too? Are they did they administer the test right? What kind of test kit are they using?
Seen plenty of “ pet stores” doing test wrong, not allowing the regents to work or using yellowish lights to read test results, not counting drips and over dosing regent or under dosing regents into the test tubes.
What test kit are you using to test your water? Are you doing it right?
Just my 2cents

p-rock973

yea i read the directions carefully and did the test twice last nite and today i let the water sit for 5 min for the nitrate like it says i did everything by the book and im using a red sea test kit

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by P-Rock973
http:///forum/post/2817098
yea i read the directions carefully and did the test twice last nite and today i let the water sit for 5 min for the nitrate like it says i did everything by the book and im using a red sea test kit
ermp not the most accurat test out there but it will give you an idea of where your water chem is at.