What should I do?

gpkozmp

Okay I was on CL and I found an ETSS Reef Devil for $100 and well I was thinking about getting it to replace the unknown coralife I got with the tank I bought. It is a 100 gallon with 29 gallon sump. I email the guy at the LFS in my area and he said I should pass on it so now I am stumped. All the things I have read about it said that they are great skimmer's and well I was wondering if I should just save up for something better or not. I was wondering if anybody had on and the input they have on them and any info I can get on them that I might not get off the internet. The skimmer does not come with a pump so I was thinking of getting a mag 7. Thanks for your input.

shwstpr88

Well put it this way I got an ASM G2 Skimmer on CL for 90 with a pump. So...I personally would hold out for more cause the pump is the expensive part.

gpkozmp

Originally Posted by shwstpr88
http:///forum/post/3218442
Well put it this way I got an ASM G2 Skimmer on CL for 90 with a pump. So...I personally would hold out for more cause the pump is the expensive part.
One thing that I am saying is that I have a pump that is roughly 528gph (rated at 2000 lph) that is what is on the pump and well if it would work I can use that and get a better pump later on down the road. Or I could just buy a newer pump from my LFS. If this is a really good skimmer I will get it however if it is not I will hold off and keep using my coralife that I have right now.