What Should I feed this coral?

pclown

Looks like a hammer. I dont feed mine anything. It lives off of light and what floats around the tank. Mine has been getting larger and larger since I got it.

arsen_36

yup deffinatly frogspawn. all it needs is light but give it some krill or some sort of protien and it'll grow pretty quick.

hot883

Originally Posted by ReefDude37
I would like to know what I should feed to this coral, I'm not even sure what the name is. Thanks...
Is that aiptasia below the zoas? If it is (hard to tell by the pic.) it will sting the frogspawn.

K

kalied20

I had one near my frogspawn and it would not come out till I got rid of it

saltrookie

In the second picture, with the "shadowing" it does ressemble a hammer but, if you look at the first picture.....difinitely a frogspawn.

laddy

Your zoos are retracted due to the aiptasia. And the coral in question is Euphyllia divisa, aka frogspawn. You'll want to at least keep it under power compact lighting, with the occasional spot feeding, if you want it to survive. What kind of lighting is over your tank at the moment?

laddy

Good lighting for frogspawn in that size tank. What about water flow? They require low to moderate flow.

eliteaqua

try feeding cyclopeeze that works great for all my corals and you see a difference after approx 2 feedings. It comes in a freezer bar and most of the larger lfs sell it. :jumping: