what should i pay for a used 72 bow?

eclipse12

I am looking at buying a one year old 72 bowed. The only thing included is the oak canopy and stand. I was told it is one of the best stands and canopy you could get with it. What is a reasonable price for this?

stumpdog

Eclipse-
From what I have read on here a general rule of thumb is $1 per gallon. So a 100 (mnreefman) is probably a good deal. If they need to move it bad enough they will take the $100. Is it in good shape? (Scratches and what not.)HTH
Jeremy

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Who makes it AGA or Oceanic? What kind of "canopy". I have one of these tanks and they didn't come with a canopy.

krunk

100 sounds about right. I payed 90$ for my 75 RR. Dont by the stand and canopy, build them yourself, lots cheaper.

perchpsk

$100 is way too cheap if the stand and canopy is included. Retail the set-up would run $500 to $800. Used I would say $200 to $300 would be fair. The tank itself should run no more that $100.

sokal reefin

100 bucks for a 72 bow with stand and canopy? You're kidding right? Next you're gonna tell me 2 x 175 MH retrofit should cost around 50 bucks.. and the skimmer no more then 30..

jharring

I will be selling my 72 bow front shortly. It is reef ready and a complete package including the fish. I'm in the Chicago area off Rte 12. Email if you're interested and I'll give you more details
jharring4@attbi.com

wamp

A 72 gallon tank, stand and canopy (Used) Would easily go for around 200$ around here. EASILY.. If the canopy and stand are in good cosmetic shape, you could probably get more than that.
I sold my 75 gallon RR tank, Stand and canopy for 250$ and the guy was very pleased with the price. If it was not drilled, I would have asked 200$. The stand even had come scratches and the canopy had some modifications to it.
If I could get a 72 with stand and canopy for 100$, I would jump on it so fast paint would peel from the money..
I owuld not hesitate to give the guy 200$ for it. I would of course offer less but would not blink at 200...
JMO...

wamp

mn,
you got a heck of a deal!!! You might as well have stole it!! I ol wish I was arod when someone advertised that. I would have gotten it even if I did not need it...

overanalyzer

OK I think you start off offering aroudn $100 - then maybe move to $200 ....
Personally I just got a 125 RR Oceanic with Stand. The stand needed to be painted and the tank was covered with dried salt - $250 for the whole sha-bang. It is all in how badly they want ot move it ....