What size tank can you fit under a standard 125 gallon stand?

overanalyzer

I am thinking of either a 125 or 180 gallon tank. What size tank can I fit underneath for a sump/refugium all in one combo??
Thanks folks ....

birdy

you may have to take the back bracing out (then put it back in when you have the tank in), but you should be able to fit a 55gal easily. We just built some 180 stands for someone here, the inside measurements are 70x21x30 (LxWXH)

cathbad

All-Glass's catalogue, downloadable from their site, has a page with the dimensions for all their glass tanks, standard and nonstandard. A great resource I have used often in planning.

fishtanker

under my 125gal i have a 30gal sump...my stand has 2 center braces so i had to pop one out put the sump in and put the brace back on.
i think i can fit a 55gal under there but i havent tried
BTW OA dont you have a 135gal or something like that? or am i confusing you with someone else

overanalyzer

Originally posted by fishtanker
BTW OA dont you have a 135gal or something like that? or am i confusing you with someone else

HAD - a 140 - sold it once we started looking @ relocating out of state ....
thanks all!!
Birdy - are you manufacturing 180 stands??

birdy

My husband and I (who is a construction superintendent and a custom cabinet maker) are starting to build stands for people around here, so if you need one let me know, we can pretty much build anything you want.
bugsnbirdsNOSPAM@everestkc.net take out the no spam

overanalyzer

Originally posted by Birdy
My husband and I (who is a construction superintendent and a custom cabinet maker) are starting to build stands for people around here, so if you need one let me know, we can pretty much build anything you want.
bugsnbirdsNOSPAM@everestkc.net take out the no spam

cool - still deciding on what size/shape tank for the new place up here in Des Moines.
YGM