What size tank will I need?

fish1031

When these fish are full grown
Pinktail trigger- 6" now
lunare wrasse- 5" now
mappa puffer- 12" now (getting by 8/1)
sohal tang- don't have get (want about a 6" one)
queen angel- don't have yet (want about a 6-8" one)
thanks

bizkitpug

I would start off minimum with 125, if it were me I would start with 250 though just to be safe. I have a pinktail myself and am going to do a pretty big upgrade to accomodate him.

fish1031

well I already have a 180g but I am sure they will outgrow that and so will I.
I was think 260 min probably 300+

mike22cha

Just those fish a 210,240. You don't need that big of tank for those plus a few extra. If you want another tank get a shark tank or smaller reef(smaller is better when it comes to reef because they can be just a colorful but it is cheaper to fill a small tank with corals oppossed to a big tank with corals). I say build a shark pond.

fish1031

i may do a shark pond some day.
I agree with you on the reef
I have a 65g reef and its perfect
but these fish are huge and get even bigger. I can tell you now that they will be squished in the 180 in a few years.
Plus if i get a bigger tank of course I will want to have more... not sure what but that is my final 180g fish list.

mike22cha

I think it could be custom. I don't know I was just dreaming of building a small shark pond and figured that would be good deminsions.

fish addict

I would just get the biggest tank you can afford and take care of.
P.S. If you want to sell you 180 when/if you upgrade PM me, I might be able to take it off your hands...

95harley

I would save the 6" of height and add another foot of length. Mine is a 240g 8x2x2.
That's pretty close to my stock list plan, I've been researching several years on it now.
Queen
Volitan Lion
Yellow Tang
Naso Tang
H. Tusk
SFE
Golden Moray

fish1031

thx everyone
yeah 65 harley the extra ft. in length would probably be better.
mike22cha- well I will have a 12"+ mappa puffer but i like the foxface and snapper idea.
would a lion work too?
I had one with my trigger before and he didn't bother it.

fish1031

ohh, i don't know about that probably.. they nip at everything! have you seen a mappa's teeth?!?!
scary!

mike22cha

Well you could still add a foxface and snapper. What about a cool eel like a hawiian dragon(if your rich), bannana (if you got some money laying around), or you could make a huge sand bed and be one of the first person I heard of to keep garden eels in a home aquarium.
It is so fun to plan tanks for people with money!

fish1031

i wish i had the much laying around
I like the snapper and foxface idea better I think.
Maybe another tang too, a purple or... idk