What size tank will I need?

mike22cha

Go Yellow! Trust me they are the best tang! I'd know becuase I've had a total of 3 tangs within the first 6mon. of my tank. Had to give up my yt, though I loved him, because it was a cool fish vs. a 90$ fish. Purple tang wins!!!

mike22cha

Oh another good fish is a hogfish. Those are so cool.
What are you going to do with the 180g if you get a huge tank?

fish1031

they are cool!
my uncle has caught one.
umm, idk probably keep it. make it a reef-upgrade from the 65g

mike22cha

I'd get (though some say not to and others think its fine) a marbled catshark in there. Their max is 24" but average around 22" which means they have room to turn around though 30" width may be more comfortable. A small shark that isn't too aggressive, doesn't need a lot of lr, and is active at night.

cgj

I can tell you for a fact I am up to my neck in maintainance time with my small 36 gallon just maintanining chemicals/salinity etc, I would personally never go larger than a 125... and only since I want a regal tang and a 125long is the minimum size for one of them. The thought of doing 12 gallon water changes weekly seems like a nitemare.

fish1031

yeah sep.
i though you knew all this
i think the problem is we have too many thread in more forums than you look through now
We need to work on PM's here i think

sepulatian

Originally Posted by fish1031
yeah sep.
i though you knew all this
i think the problem is we have too many thread in more forums than you look through now
We need to work on PM's here i think
I told you you can email me anytime.

fish1031

haha i though i was really losing my mind
i forgot we are talking in that thread too.
I will e-mail ya and update tomorrow.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by fish1031
haha i though i was really losing my mind
i forgot we are talking in that thread too.
I will e-mail ya and update tomorrow.
Ok, I am heading out now for the night. Keep me updated!!!