What skimmer for my tank?

sugarfox03

Hey everyone! I need help choosing a protein skimmer for my refugium thats going to be plumbed to my 105g tank. I originally bought a Remora, I didnt think I would be getting a bigger tank than a 75 (planned on a 37, actually!) I ended up with a much bigger tank. The guy I bought the Remora from offered to take it back and put that towards a credit for buying a Pro. Now, I dont want this skimmer on my main tank, I want it to go in the fuge. Will the Pro work? Or should I invest in an Urhcin or EV series skimmer? I love my AquaC Remora, so would like to stick with this brand name. Any suggestions? Is it possible to make the Pro work for my set-up, or should I just go all out and invest in an EV series. Thanks in advance!
-Melody

acrylic51

Can't go wrong with AquaC......I don't know if you really need to go to the EV series, but if your planning an upgrade at some point, might not be a bad decision.......You can't overskim your system anyway....

92protruck

I have the Pro hanging on my sump and it works great. I could not fit an in-sump skimmer like the Urchin or EV in my little sump. I would go with whatever fits best, easy to get to for cleaning, etc.

sugarfox03

Thanks! I will go with the Pro for now. If it doesnt work, I'll get something else. I am going to try and have the fuge built this weekend, so I will know if it will fit before I put water in the tank. Also, what chamber should it go in, the first one, or the last one? Thanks again for the info!

acrylic51

Put the skimmer where it'll intake the water at it's dirtiest, so that would be where it would enter your sump.